The Website, App and Service are intended for access or use by individuals who are of legal age and older in the particular jurisdiction of use and or registration. Persons under the legal age to consume alcohol are not allowed to register, access or use the Website, App or Service. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from or about anyone under the legal age to consume alcohol in any jurisdiction. If you are under the legal age to consume alcohol, you should not attempt to register, access or use the Website or App or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from or about somebody under the legal age of to consume alcohol in any jurisdiction, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe that somebody under the legal age to consume alcohol may have provided us Personal Information or that we may have received Personal Information about somebody under the legal age to consume alcohol, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for additional information about age verification and eligibility.
Information We Collect:
Information You Provide. We collect and store information, which may include Personal Information, that you actively submit to us, such as your name, email address, account password, date of birth, billing information, phone number, delivery address and social media IDs.
Information Automatically Collected through the Website:
Information Automatically Collected through the App:
Geolocation Data. If you use the App through your smart phone or other mobile device, we will automatically collect your geo-location information. You may at any time opt-out of providing geo-location data through the settings on your device or the App, but if you do so, some features of our App and Service may be limited.
Device Type. When you use the App through your smart phone or other mobile device, we automatically collect the device type and advertising identifier, a unique identifier generated within the device, and we may store this information.
Tracking Information. Tracking information is automatically collected and stored as you navigate through the App, including but not limited to, page views, referring/exit pages, information about how you interact with the App’s pages and third party links, and traffic and usage trends on the App.
Information Collected from Other Third Parties. We may obtain information about you, including Personal Information, from other third parties claiming a right to share your information with us, including through third-party advertising arrangements.
Information from Public Sources. We collect information that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) may be read, collected or used by us and others. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in any such forum.
How We Use Your Information:
We may use the information that you provide to us, that we collect from your device, and information we obtain from retailers, other third parties and public sources:
- to provide the Website, App and Service and in particular our conver-transactional tool;
- to determine the user(s) that you may like to initiate buy, sell or trade order request with, where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources, and how to improve our offerings
- to determine demand for the Service in a particular geographic market and to notify you when the Service becomes available in your geographic location, unless you opt out from receiving such notice;
- to analyze our performance and evaluate strategies to support and enhance your access and use of the Website, App and Service, in part by monitoring which features of the Website, App and Service you and other users access or use most, and to attribute the sources of our traffic;
- to allow you to evaluate your and view your conver-transactional history; and to suggest other wine or licensed users that you might like based on your personalized profile;
- to recognize your device over time so we can customize the Website and App to your interests and tastes based on your prior activities and what wine you would prefer to receive with you status points;
- to obtain additional information about you from other third parties claiming a right to share your data with us so we can associate that information with information that we have collected so we may further customize your user experience;
- to notify you about new services or special promotional programs, or send you offers or information, and to measure the responsiveness to such communications and to our other advertising efforts;
- to enable you to take advantage of interactive features of the Website and App; for example, sharing a product review or participating in our status point program;
- to administer sweepstakes and contests;
- to engage with you through social media, including through direct messaging;
- to serve you the correct application version depending on your device type;
- to diagnose and resolve problems with our Website, App or servers and for other technical and administrative troubleshooting purposes;
- to send you service-related announcements relating to the Website, App or Service; for instance, if our Website or App or the Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email notifying you; generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature; if you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account;
- to provide customer service, such as to send you a welcoming email to the address you provide at registration to verify your username and password, communicate with you in response to your inquiries, provide the services you request, and manage your account; and
- to investigate and address fraudulent transactions and generally implement fraud prevention measures.
Aggregated Information; Non-Personal Information. We may aggregate your Personal and Non-Personal Information with other users’ information and gather broad demographic data about our users for many purposes, including so that we can improve the Website, App and Service, and for business and administrative purposes.
Advertising. At this time it is not envisaged that Vindaq will engage in any ad-based revenue model. You will however see featured cellar items as listed by licensed users that best fit your location, tastes and preferances.
Our Disclosure of Your Information:
We share information collected from or about you only as follows:
Aggregated and Anonymized Data. Vindaq may share with or sell to third parties aggregated demographic information and Non-Personal Information about our user base, including information on how users interact with our App, Website, partners and advertisers for industry analysis, demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. We will only do so after either removing from such information anything that personally identifies you or combining it with other information so that it no longer personally identifies you.
Third-Party Analytics. We use third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate the performance of various features of our Website and App and also to evaluate the overall performance of our Website and App. We also use such services to understand whether and how specific users or users meeting a certain profile are taking advantage of certain features of our Website and App and/or making use of our Website and App generally. For more information about web analytics, including information on setting preferences for or opting out of certain data collection, please visit Google Analytics. If you choose to opt-out, some of the features of the Website and App may not be fully functional for you.
Third-Party Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website, App and Service, to provide the Website, App and Service on our behalf, provide customer support, perform Website and App-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, hosting, database management and improvement of the Website's and App’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Website, App and Service are used. These third parties are authorized to access and use your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
Law Enforcement. We will disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Vindaq or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences; Opting Out. You may update your Personal Information and preferences at any time by making the change on our user information page. If you have received an email invitation to use our Website, App or Service but do not wish to receive marketing or other promotional messages or additional invitations in the future, you may opt out by following the instructions in the email invitation. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to 30 days as we process your request.
Invitations to Vindaq. If you choose to invite an individual or entity to use the Service, you will need to provide his or her name and email address. Vindaq stores this information to send an invitation to such individual and to track the results of the invitation referral as status points may be issued against certain successful referrals. You may not provide the name or email address of anyone under the legal age to consume alcohol.
Public Forums. Our Website and App may offer you access to publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used for any purpose by others who access them. We are not responsible for Personal Information or other information you choose to submit in these areas. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blogs or community forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Security. All information we collect is securely stored within our database, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as 128-bit encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers). However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, and any information you transmit to Vindaq you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you use unique numbers, letters and special characters in your password and not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or personal information with others, you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. Please review our Terms of Service for additional information. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Vindaq at email@example.com and change your password.
If you provide us with Personal Information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.